There's no doubt about it, cutting out sugar is hard. If you read my blog post about sugar you will know that simply replacing refined sugar with unrefined sugar can mean your body will still crave sweet food, and let's be honest, cravings aren't fun for anyone! So I've put this post together to show you that you can still have dessert - but sugar, refined or unrefined, doesn't have to be an ingredient! The first 5 recipes contain a small amount of fruit as I don't believe you need to cut out foods that naturally contain sugar, but the second 5 recipes do not contain any fruit for those that may have had their 1-2 pieces already during the day.
Think you'd like to try 21 days without any added refined or unrefined sugar? I'm talking no maple syrup, no honey, no rice malt syrup, no stevia....finally a chance for your body to stop craving sweet things! Then you need to join my 21 Day Detox Program. I create delicious whole food recipes like the ones below for you to follow for 21 days so you won't even realise you're cutting out sugar!
1. Grilled Mango: Cut a mango in half, grill until char marks form and top with Greek yoghurt.
2. Peanut Butter & Banana Ice Cream: Blend frozen banana with 1 tablespoon 100% peanut butter.
3. Berry Frozen Yoghurt: Blend berries and greek yoghurt with a touch of lemon juice and freeze.
4. Kiwi & Matcha Bowl: Combine chopped kiwi fruit, 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder, coyo (check label to make sure no added sugar!) and lime zest.
5. Mini Avocado Cheesecake: Blend some avocado, greek/coyo yoghurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla bean powder and freeze until set.
6. Buckwheat with Cinnamon and Coconut: Combine activated buckwheat with a sprinkle of cinnamon, toasted coconut flakes and coconut milk.
7. Sweet Potato Chips with nut butter: cut Sweet potato in wedges and bake until crispy on the outside, dip into nut butter.
8. Creamy Cacao Hot Choc: Place 1 heaped teaspoon cacao powder, 1 heaped tablespoon soaked cashews and a pinch of vanilla bean powder into a mug of coconut/nut milk, blend and then heat until warm.
9. Rice Cake with Crunchy Choc Butter: Spread a rice cake with almond butter and top with cacao nibs and toasted pumpkin seeds.
10. Mini Chia & Lime Pudding: Soak chia seeds and lime zest in coconut milk and top with toasted coconut flakes.